CMMC Hospice serves both Fergus and Judith Basin Counties and has 75 volunteers from these two counties that devote their time, talents and love to our program.
- We served 84 patients and their families in 2010-2011.
- Hospice is always on call. Help is just a phone call away, 24 hours a day, seven days a week for patients and their families.
- Hospice continues to care for the family. Even after the death of the patient, hospice continues to care for the family by providing grief counseling.
- Hospice emphasizes quality, rather than length of life. Hospice neither hastens nor postpones death: it affirms life and understands that dying is a natural part of the cycle of life.
- Hospice treats the person, not the disease. The hospice interdisciplinary team cares for the medical, emotional, psychological and spiritual needs of the patients and their families.
- Hospice offers palliative care rather than curative treatment. Hospice focuses on pain and symptom control that enables the patient to live as fully and comfortably as possible.